- About the ISF
- Future ISF Host Questionnaire
- UPCOMING SYMPOSIUM (OMAGARI, JAPAN)
- First Call for Papers
- Program Advertising Rate Card
- Advertising & Sponsorship
- Hotel Information
- PAST SYMPOSIA
- Past Symposia Proceedings
- 10th Anniversary Video
- Photo Albums
- CONNECT WITH US
- Board of Directors
- Past Personas
- Add name to mailing list
- Find us on Facebook
First Call for Papers
The International Symposium on Fireworks Society (ISFS) in collaboration with the Japan Host Committee and its affiliates is organizing the 16th International Symposium on Fireworks (ISF). The ISF is recognized as the premier forum for the presentation of papers and the discussion of topics dealing with the safety, scientific, engineering, artistic, environmental, historical, and regulatory aspects of fireworks and other pyrotechnics associated with entertainment and celebration.
Papers concerned with the following traditional areas are encouraged:
- Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering of Fireworks and associated pyrotechnic devices
- Safety in the Manufacture and Use of Fireworks; Sensitivities and energy output of Fireworks compositions
- New Concepts, Techniques and Products for the Manufacture, Transportation and Storage of Fireworks
- Environmental issues with the use of Fireworks
- Fireworks Regulations, Standards and Codes
- The Art and History of Fireworks and Fireworks as a Cultural Entity
How to submit your paper
Abstracts of approximately 200 words should be submitted by October 1, 2016, by e-mail to the following.
- Japan: Mitsuru Arai,
- Europe: Christian Lohrer,
- China: Andrew Tang,
- Mexico and South America, Jorge Márquez.
- All other locations and for technical information: Ettore Contestabile, or Roger Schneider
Authors will be informed of acceptance of papers for the Symposium by November 15, 2016. The completed manuscripts must be received by January 15, 2017 in order that they can be edited and compiled and in turn both printed and digital copies of the Proceedings may be produced in time for the Symposium start date.