Call for Papers
The International Symposium on Fireworks Society (ISFS) in collaboration with the Liuyang Fireworks Association, is organizing the 14th International Symposium on Fireworks (ISF). The ISF is recognized as the premier forum for the presentation of papers and the discussion of topics dealing with the safety, scientific, engineering, artistic, and regulatory aspects of fireworks and other pyrotechnics associated with entertainment and celebration.
Papers concerned with the following traditional areas are invited:
- The Art and History of Fireworks
- Fireworks as a Cultural Entity
- New Concepts in Manufacturing, Transportation and Storage
- Safety Fireworks Manufacturing and Use
- Fireworks Regulations and Standards
- Chemistry and Physics of Fireworks and associated Pyrotechnic Devices
- Sensitivity of Fireworks Compositions and Articles
- Perchlorate and the Environment
- The Art and Technology of Special Effects
- Other Related Topics
How to submit your paper
Abstracts of approximately 200 words should be submitted by April 1, 2013, by e-mail to the following.
- China: Andrew Tang,
- Japan: Mitsuru Arai,
- Europe: Christian Lohrer,
- Mexico and South America, Jorge Márquez.
- All other locations and for technical information: Ettore Contestabile,
Authors will be informed of acceptance of papers for the Symposium by May 15, 2013 and completed manuscripts must be received by July 1, 2013 in order that the Proceedings may be printed and bound in time for the Symposium start date.
The International Symposium on Fireworks Society
Ettore Contestabile, Chairman,
Roger Schneider, Vice Chairman,
Fred Wade, Secretary –Treasurer,
von Rosen, Bert